How to get an Alien Registration card (For Working Holiday Visa holders H1) in Korea

Here is a simple post about how I got my ARC card, it may be the same or different for others but I’m just going to tell what worked for me and hope this post will help some people make this process a bit easier than it was for me.

Firstly you are required to apply for the ARC within the first 90 days of your stay.

This is what you need before going to the Immigration office to apply for the ARC (if on H-1 Visa)

  • Passport
  • Application form 한글문서 다운로드 PDF문서 다운로드 DOC문서 다운로드
  • 1 color photos (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
  • Process Fee: KRW 30,000 (Government Revenue Stamp)
  • Itinerary or activity plan.
  • Certificate of employment (in case of being at work)
  • They also asked for my housing contract.* (I guess relevant if you put down an address)

I missed the three lasts documents because it didn’t say on my receipt, they only listed the basic documents. So make sure to check the website twice to see what documents you need for your specific visa.

TIP: Oh and do take a nice photo of yourself that isn’t TOO bright, cause they will brighten it up for you and oh boy if you are blond and white like me with a white background… your photo on the ARC card will look horrible. I almost look like that Slenderman character, srsly no face…


Please follow and like us:

6 thoughts on “How to get an Alien Registration card (For Working Holiday Visa holders H1) in Korea”

  1. I am going to get my ARC but do not have a job yet. I will not need to show proof of a job since I’m not currently employed, correct?

  2. hi 🙂 I’m so happy I found this post as I’m going to get apply for the ARC card. I was wondering about what you did with the Housing Contract? I do not have such a contract because I am travelling around ( with a H-1 visa) – so what did you do 😀

    Kind regards

    1. Hi Carolina! I actually had a contract so I gave them a copy. You could try emailing or calling the immigration office here:
      phone number: 1345 (no area code needed)
      Solving all the paperwork can be a headache so I wish you goodluck! 😀

    1. You have to submit a travel plan however they will not check if you are actually following it so just making one up is fine^^

Comments are closed.